Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Some towns offer discount on compost bins

I remembered seeing something on the Chelmsford’s town website about compost bins. They have both bins that I was looking at, AND FOR A DISCOUNT for town residents! The Earth Machine is $35 and the New Age Composter is $40 or $45 (two sizes are available). I also found these bins at various retailers for as much as $99!  No, thank you. High-ho, high-ho, it’s off to the town hall I go. One Earth Machine please.

When I talked to the Recycling Coordinator, she told me that towns, such as Chelmsford, offer these bins at an affordable price because towns benefit from the state negotiated pricing AND the town subsidizes the sale to local residents by selling the bins at below cost. Check with your town hall before buying one at full cost.

No comments:

Post a Comment