Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Compost is Free, Plants Love It, and It's Natural!

I also found out that compost improves the quality of almost any soil, and for this reason, is considered a "soil conditioner." I'm not a science geek, but I certainly know how to Google. I read this on a website about composting, "Compost adds nutrients to the soil and contains a variety of basic nutrients that plants require for healthy growth. In addition to the main three: nitrogen, phosphorous, and potassium, of special importance are the micronutrients found in compost such as manganese, copper, iron, and zinc. Micronutrients are only needed in small doses, like vitamins in our diet, but they play an important role in the plant's ability to extract nutrients from other foods. In a commercial fertilizer, such as 10-10-10, micronutrients are often missing. Compost is basically a FREE nutrient boost for your plants." I could hardly control my enthusiasm.  It's free, plants love it, and it's natural!!

No comments:

Post a Comment