Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Rolling Compost?

One of my neighbors uses a rolling compost bin.  I’ll call her Millie.  Millie says rolling compost bins are great. You roll the bin to mix up the compost, and then roll the bin to where you want to use the compost. One thing to consider though, Millie said, is that the bin can be quite heavy and if you have a hilly yard, it can be a workout rolling it around. That’s ok. I work out. I am woman. Watch me roll! 

But then, just when I thought I had found my compost calling, Millie told me that because compost can be moist, it tends to seep out of the bin as you roll. That might be a deal breaker, depending on the amount and disgust factor of the seepage. Maybe I’ll offer to help Millie when it’s time to harvest her gold and see where this experience falls on my yucky meter.

No comments:

Post a Comment