Saturday, March 24, 2012

Tumbling Bins?

I've looked at several different styles of composting bins. Did you know that there are also tumbling styles? These are typically on some sort of stand that you turn. Some have handles that I suppose you use to turn them, while others look like they roll within their own bases. However, wear your raincoat.  Liquid tends to seep out of the bin when you spin it.  I can’t see how animals could get into this type of bin, but some of those critters can be very determined.  I hope none are the types who get queasy on carnival rides.


Another fact about tumbling bins is that they tend to be much more expensive than the standing or stationary bins. I found several different styles on the web that ranged from $160 to $324. If you add up how much we pay for commercial fertilizers, this cost really isn’t that much.


No comments:

Post a Comment